[U-Boot] Regarding MPC8640D second core initialization

Becky Bruce beckyb at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Dec 2 22:06:14 CET 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Thirumalai wrote:

> Thank you denx.
>
> Hi Jon,

The email address you used for Jon is invalid (we need to update the
maintainers file - Jon should weigh in here).

>      I am using 2009-06 u-boot for MPC8640D based custom board. i just
> want to  know whether the second core of MPC8640D is kicked off
> automatically or will  it required by the user to kick using cpu
> command

If you have U-boot configured as you say below, and an SMP linux, then
the second CPU will automatically come up.  You don't need to do
anything special.

> like mpc85xx/mp.c. Also if am enabling the CONFIG_MP macro and
> CONFIG_NUM_CPUS as 2, then the reset command of the target is not
> working(means board is getting hanged). I have mentioned the value of
> CONFIG_SYS_SCRATCH_VA as 0xf5000000.

As far as your reset problem, I'm running a MPC8641D board using the
latest u-boot, and I am able to reset it just fine when booted SMP.
You're going to have to provide more information or look into this
yourself.

I can't tell you if your SCRATCH_VA is valid without knowing the
entire memory map of your system.......

Cheers,
Becky