[U-Boot] Problem with transparent PCI-PCI bridge on Canyonlands

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 9 21:49:12 CET 2009

Dear Felix Radensky,

In message <4B1FE62C.7080407 at embedded-sol.com> you wrote:

> I'm running latest u-boot on 1GHz Canyonlands board and have trouble
> using 64-bit transparent PCI-PCI PLX 6254 bridge. With PLX evaluation
> board plugged into Canyonlands PCI slot u-boot hangs. With PCI support
-----------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where exactly does U-Boot hang?

What are the console messages you see? And which U-Boot version is
this, and which version of the Canyonlands board?

> disabled u-boot works fine. The PLX board is OK, it was recognized by
> both u-boot and kernel on Freescale MPC8536DS board. On Canyonlands
> linux-2.6.32 silently resets the board when PLX is plugged in. Any ideas
--^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is inconsistent: above you report U-Boot hangs, here you claim
that Linux reboots?

> U-Boot 2009.11-rc2-00002-g386118a (Dec 09 2009 - 18:48:44)
>
> CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 460EX Rev. A at 1000 MHz (PLB=200 OPB=100 EBC=100)

Did you try running in another configuration, like 800-nor or
1066-nor?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I ever needed a brain transplant, I'd choose a teenager's  because
I'd want a brain that had never been used.