[U-Boot] Breakage on arm/next

apgmoorthy moorthy.apg at samsung.com
Thu Dec 10 05:15:51 CET 2009

Hi Scott,

> > Hunk 1:
> >            env_addr = CONFIG_ENV_ADDR;
> >    +       if (FLEXONENAND(this))
> >    +               env_addr <<= 1;
> >
> > Hunk 2:
> > +       if (FLEXONENAND(this)) {
> > +               env_addr <<= 1;
> > +               instr.len <<=
> onenand_mtd.eraseregions[0].numblocks == 1 ?
> > +                               2 : 1;
> > +       }
> >
> > This should not break any other Board with OneNAND support.
> Please comment.
> > (Somehow I still feel Macros can be Cleaner way.)
>
> Why is the address automatically doubled on flex?  I think
> this really needs to be something board-specified.

Please excuse me for the Delay.

Flex-OneNAND device's erasesize itself is double considered to OneNAND.
Like , In SLC region of Flex-OneNAND size is 256K and
in MLC region it is 512K. In case of OneNAND erasesize is 128K and
it is just SLC.

That's the reason size doubles for the Env in SLC and
for MLC increased by one more fold.

With Regards
 Moorthy