[U-Boot] problem building fw_printenv

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 11 00:29:01 CET 2009

Dear twebb,

In message <dbdb2ea60912101320u5ce0d93asf8f748a05c29c414 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > I think it comes from the libc, so it wouldn't be present if someone just
> > installed binutils+gcc for standalone development.
> >
> Great, that was the clue.  I was compiling using cross-compile tools
> from android that don't use a standard libc.  When I changed to using
> Codesourcery tools, I got farther...

I'm tempted to try a malapropism on Tom Christiansen's quote: "The
use of Android crippleware systems is a sin that carries with it its
own punishment." ;-)

> fw_env.c:43:27: error: mtd/mtd-user.h: No such file or directory
>
> So then, I have this problem with mtd-user.h not being found.  If I
> define MTD_VERSION=old, it then uses mtd.h and gets further but
> encounters another error within mtd.h.

There will probably more problems to follow...

> Seems like I shouldn't have to define MTD_VERSION=old in the first
> place, but without it no mtd-user.h file.  Any more suggestions?

Try a sane build environment?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you use modules, you pay the price. Sane embedded solutions
running in "tight" environments don't use modules :-)
    -- Benjamin Herrenschmidt in <1258234866.2140.451.camel at pasglop>