[U-Boot] Problem with disable the datacache

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 11 13:57:59 CET 2009

Dear Lasse Skov,

In message <4F4169B21905494EBD47A304F02192C92772357B72 at XCH-HQ-01.kk.local> you wrote:

> I have a problem with disabling the data cache on my PPC.

Let's go back to the start, please: Which is the original problem you
try to solve by disabling the data cache?

> The target family is mpc83xx and i had tried to chance
> something in the start.S file for the ppc.
> But if i instead of the asm function dcache_enable use dcache_disable
> my target newer get running.

Did you read the note about "icache" and "dcache" commands in the
README?

> So if anyone can help with informations about how to disable the data cache
> for a ppc it could be greath.

I think this request makes little sense - you should fix the original
problem instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the future, you're going to get computers as prizes  in  breakfast
cereals.  You'll  throw  them out because your house will be littered
with them.                                             - Robert Lucky