[U-Boot] Problem with transparent PCI-PCI bridge on Canyonlands

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Dec 15 10:10:20 CET 2009

Felix,

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 08:30:26 Felix Radensky wrote:
> Can I do anything else to help you identify the problem ?

Do you have other PPC4xx boards, in which you could test this PCI-PCI bridge
board?

Some other comments below.

> Thanks.
>
> Felix.
>
> Felix Radensky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Feng Kan wrote:
> >> Can you turn on the additional debug information. That will give a
> >> better
> >> Clue as to what part is hanging.
> >
> > I've enabled debugging in drivers/pci/pci.c. I'm seeing an infinite flow
> > of messages
> >
> > PCI:   Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
> > PCI Scan: Found Bus 0, Device 6, Function 0
> > PCI Scan: Found Bus 1, Device 6, Function 0
> > PCI Scan: Found Bus 255, Device 6, Function 0
> > PCI Scan: Found Bus 0, Device 6, Function 0
> > PCI Scan: Found Bus 1, Device 6, Function 0

Strange to see an infinite loop here. I suggest you debug, why
pci_hose_scan_bus() is called endlessly. Hard to guess without access to such
a board.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de