[U-Boot] Build failures at bb3bcfa2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 16 16:17:04 CET 2009

Dear "Premi, Sanjeev",

In message <B85A65D85D7EB246BE421B3FB0FBB59301E157B034 at dbde02.ent.ti.com> you wrote:

> Yes. I do have them. I looked at the thread; and the problem is same.
>
> One question: Theses links were not manually created. They would have
> been created earlier by some script; and or specific patch.

They used to be created by the Makefiles. This was changed by commit
fb8b33c1 "tools/Makefile: Remove symlinks for remaining source files".

> If they are not needed; is it possible to remove them by a
> make distclean/mrproper - I had tried both.

When they were created by the Makefiles, they were also removed by
the distclean/mrproper targets. It seems you left them hanging around
while updating the code - you should always run "make mrproper"
before updating the tree. Even better: always use out-of-tree builds,
so your repository does not collect any such crap.

> If it makes sense; I can attempt making a quick patch.

I consider this a usage error. No fix is needed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."