[U-Boot] LCD initialization in U-boot

Jimmy Shergill uboot1.3.4 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:17:41 CET 2009

Hello All,

We are using Atmel's at91sam9263ek board and want to use a different LCD
with it (Toshiba TX16D11VM2CAA). For that we want to make sure that we have
correct LCD initialization in the
u-boot-2009.08/board/atmel/at91sam9263ek/at91sam9263ek.c file. We are not
clear about some of the values defined there. What do they actually mean:

This is how they have been defined in the said file:

ifdef CONFIG_LCD
vidinfo_t panel_info = {
        vl_col:         240,
        vl_row:        320,
        vl_clk:         4965000,
        vl_sync:       ATMEL_LCDC_INVLINE_INVERTED |
                        ATMEL_LCDC_INVFRAME_INVERTED,
        vl_bpix:       3,
        vl_tft:         1,
        vl_hsync_len:   5,
        vl_left_margin: 1,
        vl_right_margin:33,
        vl_vsync_len:   1,
        vl_upper_margin:1,
        vl_lower_margin:0,
        mmio:           AT91SAM9263_LCDC_BASE,
};

This is what we have from the data  sheet of our LCD (typical values)
Resoltuion - HVGA 240x640
Horizontal Front Porch - 32
Horizontal Back Porch - 37
Vertical Front Porch - 1
Vertical Back Porch - 4
Vsync Cycle - 491
Vsync Valid width - 2
Hsync cycle - 709
Hsync valid width - 5

Questions are :
Hows these vales relate to the values in the function above?
Do we need any other values for the proper initialization of LCD?
Do we need to make changes in any other file/part of code other than the
initilization above?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Jimmy.