[U-Boot] Boot X86 PC from USB using U_boot

Sasi, Anoop IN BLR SISL anoop.sasi at siemens.com
Fri Dec 18 11:43:57 CET 2009

Hi all please help me

Am a beginner in Linux. I have a PC with UBUNTU 9.04 installed .
I was trying to boot Linux PC from USB. I could able to boot PC with GRUB installed
in USB .

 Is it possible to boot the PC (X86 architecture) from USB with U-Boot in the USB?

What all configuration changes I need do to make this possible?

I have downloaded U-boot then configured and build for X86 architecture (sc520_cdp_config)
And made a bootable partition in usb and copied u-boot image in to it and tried to boot from usb but
It is not working.

Please help me in this.................

With best regards,
Anoop Sasi