[U-Boot] Hello World Demo for AVR32

Stephane Boyer sboyer at hardent.com
Mon Dec 21 18:45:18 CET 2009

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to get the U-Boot standalone Hello World demo to
work on a modified Atmel NGW100 board and I am a bit confused
about all the addresses:
- examples/Makefile: LOAD_ADDR
  . Currently set to 0x00000000 for avr32
- mkimage load address (-a) parameter
- mkimage entry point (-e) parameter
- U-Boot go command address

My ultimate goal (with this little project) is to erase
an environment variable and reset the processor. I know this
would be very easy with a U-Boot script:
  http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/UBootCmdGroupExec
but one of my constraints is that I need to use the
fsload + bootm commands to start something that will do
just that.

I'll resume my understanding of all that I have read and
I would really appreciate if someone could correct or
complete this. This is a bit long, but I am trying
to put all the information in one place so the next
person who needs to do the same will have a single
source of information.

I am using U-Boot 1.3.0.atmel.2
My system's memory is as follows:
- Flash   0x00000000 - 0x02000000 (32 MB)
- RAM     0x10000000 - 0x14000000 (64 MB)
Architecture: avr32
- U-Boot resides in sector 0 of the Flash at
address 0x00000000