[U-Boot] about ram test in u-boot

IaMaPlAyEr iamaplayer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 03:35:38 CET 2009

Hi,

maybe this question not greatly related with u-boot.

when I read the wiki of u-boot:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation

I noticed this:
Standard memory tests are not effective in identifying this type of problem
because they do not cause stressful cache burst read/write operations.

We have a board, the ram works fine before, but recently, we need to change the
ram for the lack of the original chip.
After I read the datasheet of original chip, I found the parameter
tRCD is wrong!
In code, tRCD is set to 10ns, but in datasheet, the minimal tRCD is 15ns.

I know in u-boot, there is a command name mtest, it is a simple RAM test.
it test fine in two tRCD condition.
I also try memtester 10 loops, also fine!

Could somebody give me some advice to determine which value of tRCD is better?
thanks.

here is the memtester log:

[root at root]# ./memtester 31M 10
memtester version 4.1.2 (32-bit)
Copyright (C) 2009 Charles Cazabon.
Licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 (only).

pagesize is 4096
pagesizemask is 0xfffff000
want 31MB (32505856 bytes)
got  31MB (32505856 bytes), trying mlock ...locked.
Loop 1---10:
  Stuck Address       : ok
  Random Value        : ok
  Compare XOR         : ok