[U-Boot] eSDHC driver on mxc

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 00:23:02 CET 2009

Hi all,
I  have basically  adapted the linux esdhc driver for the mx35 for
uboot.  I am using the mmc_init routine in fsl_esdhc driver for the
initialization sequence including the "IDentification cycle" for the
card.
The issue is that i have a particular card from vendor "Kingston"
which works rock solid withput any problems and after hooking the
driver with the FAT32 infrstructure in uboot, i can use  file api'
just fine on it.

But a card from another vendor behaves in a peculiar way. Ifi soft
reset my initialization sequence just runs fine and the card is
succesfully identified( OCR, voltage validation and RCA get identified
succesfully).
But out of a hard reset, the card fails initialzation and "mmc_init"
retrurn error.

Even  while using it in linux, there are occasional issues with the
uninitialization/initialization cycle as the initialaztion fails every
alternate time.

I had the same card working on the mx27 platform using the same
approach of porting the linux driver over to uboot(the only difference
being this is a polled version rather thatn interrupts and DMA).

Please let me know if it could be the issue out of a hard rest with
the eSDHC(enhance host controller) misbehaving  for this particular
card. Adding delay before the Card/host reset/init sequence does not
help.

Thanks,
Alfred.