[U-Boot] u-boot environment variable storage

twebb taliaferro62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:30:02 CET 2009

>> Does u-boot have support for storage of environment variables in
>> file form?  For example, in a file on a FAT32 file system
>> residing on a MMC card?
>
> The only reason I can think you'd want to do that is to be able
> to set environment variables in linux user land.  But then I
> have a small brain.  If you do, take a look at fw_printenv under
> \tools\something_or_other

Acutally, I have a system that only contains eMMC flash that is
formatted to hold filesystems of one sort or another, so there is no
spare "non-filesystem" flash available for the environment.  There is
also no other form of NVRAM on the device.  These are the reasons I
asked about whether the environment could be maintained in file form;
I have no need to set/get environment variables from userland.

Thanks,
twebb