[U-Boot] CONFIG_MP affects ability to erase upper portions of flash on 8572

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Fri Feb 6 17:32:34 CET 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 10:51 -0500, Scott Coulter wrote:
> Kumar,
>
> > This is correct.  As the only 8572 board that exists in the u-boot
> > tree is for the Freescale MPC8572DS I didn't query anyone else on
> > possible impact of the change.
>
> Certainly not a problem.  Moving the flash address was relatively
> painless.  I just wanted to post in case someone bumps into this issue
> down the line.

I ran into the same issue on the XPedite5370 which also uses the 8572.
I worked around it initially by disabling CONFIG_MP.  I was recently
working on an 86xx board and it has the same issue as well when
CONFIG_NUM_CPUS > 1.

We try and use the same memory layout (which unfortunately has flash at
the top of memory) on all our boards so I'll send a patch to fix this
issue at some point unless someone beats me too it:)

Best,
Peter