[U-Boot] IMX27 nand_probe problem

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Sun Feb 8 13:30:24 CET 2009

Hi,

When writing about U-Boot-V2 please Cc me as I do not read this list as
regularly as I should.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:16:24PM +0100, Alessandro Chies wrote:
> Good morning,
> 	I'm try to port uboot on a my board imx27 based. It has only DDR RAM and a
> NAND flash.
> UBoot runs very well (if i don't activate the NAND) compiling it and
> uploading the bin directly to the processor via serial boot.
> If I activate the NAND support and try to intialize driver and device
> "nand0", I have a hang-up of the microprocessor in the probe function when
> it trys "tmp=readw(0xd8000e1a)".
> If I read with a "md 0xe8000e1a+0x02" from the uboot command line I don't
> have hangs (of course without the nand device registration).
> What could it be hanging me on this?

Have you checked the address? Is host->regs really set to the correct
value? Also, md does a 32bit access by default. To do 16bit accesses use
md -w. The area might not be accessible when the corresponding clock is
not turned on, but this should be done some lines above with
PCCR1 |= PCCR1_NFC_BAUDEN. The clock may be dependent on some other
clock, you could insert a PCCR0 = 0xffffffff; PCCR1 = 0xffffffff to turn
on all possible clocks to see if this is the reason.

Sascha