[U-Boot] AT91RM9200 U-Boot can not load initrd from flash

Dmitry Koroban dmitry at radiofid.ru
Wed Feb 18 15:46:31 CET 2009

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Patches for this problem were submitted a few times since kenrel
> version 2.4.17 or so, and posted and re-posted again and again here
> on the ML. Search the archives for details.

I've searched here: http://www.nabble.com/Uboot---Users-f553.html
and found same questions and no answers.

I have u-boot-1.1.1 which is able to load my images from flash, but is
available only in binary. This makes me think that problem is in u-boot,
but this message:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Re%3A-Problem-with-bootm-command-p484325.html
says that kernel is unable to handle ramdisk in flash, while it should.

I don't understand if I should patch kernel or U-Boot.
Can anyone clarify this and advise me keywords to find appropriate patch?

--
Dmitry