[U-Boot] ***NOTE*** for patch submission

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 20 11:05:36 CET 2009

Hi all,

we have accumulated a number of pretty intrisuve patches (i. e.
changes to a large (!) number of files in the "next" branch. These
will be merged into mainline as soon as the next merge windows opens.

When you submit patches, please check carefully:

* patches that are only bug fixes (i. e. they don't introduce new
  features or significant amount of new code) must be submitted
  against current mainline, i. e. the "master" branch

* all NEW stuff should be submitted against the "next" branch.

Please also note that, as new  commits  get  added  to  the  "master"
branch, the "next" branch will be rebased every now and then.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."