[U-Boot] Is the TI AR7 architecture supported?

Rogan Dawes lists at dawes.za.net
Tue Feb 24 11:07:44 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I have an ADSL router (Linksys WAG200G) that is based on the TI AR7
(MIPS) architecture.

Unfortunately, it has been supplied with a boot loader (ADAM2) that has
been configured to not allow interruption, or upload of replacement
firmwares via the bootloader. While I'd love to be able to hack on the
firmware for this router, I am understandably reluctant to brick it.

I have constructed a JTAG cable, and am in the process of ensuring that
it is working correctly. Once I have done that, I'd like to replace the
bootloader with one that DOES allow network access, and upload of
replacement payloads, without requiring a lengthy JTAG session every time.

I realise that it probably makes more sense to try to rebuild an ADAM2
loader with the required options enabled, but would prefer to use an
(supported) open source project if possible.

So, does Das U-Boot support the AR7 family of chips? The CPU is labeled
TNETD7300GDU (52A29HW), if that helps.

Thanks,

Rogan
P.S. Please Cc me, I am not subscribed to this list.