[U-Boot] LDS unification & initcall

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 25 09:58:17 CET 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090225082703.GA25797 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:
> On 08:31 Wed 25 Feb     , Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,
> >
> > In message <20090225060934.GB26416 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:
> > >
> > > 	I'm working actually to unify the lds of ARM, SH, and some other arch
> > > 	in order to firstly improve its maintaining and secondly prepare the
> > > 	field to the introduction of the initcall for in a first time post
> > > 	relocation.
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by "introduction of the initcall for in a
> > first time post relocation" ?
> initcall before relocation could need special handle because u-boot is not in
> RAM so I've prefer to first work only after u-boot relocation and next
> continue on the support of the initcall before relocation.

Could you please explain what you actually mean by "initcall"? If we
knew what you are talking about it would be much easier to make
comments about this...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I am pleased to see that we have differences.  May we together become
greater than the sum of both of us.
	-- Surak of Vulcan, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4