[U-Boot] Seeking PPC BDM resources for MPC860, docs for old MPC860 Eval Board

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:14:48 CET 2009

Alex Perez wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> On Jan 4, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

[snip]

> I realize this. The board itself is quite well built, and in all
> likelihood,  it has some sort of integrated ROM monitor. The serial
> ports are strangely on RJ11 connectors, and I don't know what their
> pinouts are. I have a call in to Wind River systems, but
>> Without documentation these boards are only usable as doorstops.

I have a EST/SBC8260 board (also made by EST before they were bought by
WR, many years ago) that also uses RJ-11s for serial I/O.  Odds are good
they have the same pinout:

1 MAX-232 Rin
2 MAX-232 Tout
3 n/c
4 Ground

If you ohm-out the pins to find ground and then use a scope as you power
on the board to look at the pins to find Tx, you have most of the puzzle
solved.

[snip]

> Regards,
> Alex