[U-Boot] Fw: TFTP fails when using network switch

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Jan 6 23:52:51 CET 2009

tis 2009-01-06 klockan 08:41 +0100 skrev Remy Bohmer:
> Hello Alex,
>
> 2009/1/6 Loren A. Linden Levy <Alex.Lindenlevy at colorado.edu>:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I am having an interesting problem with am m5282Lite Dev Kit. I had
> > done all of the previous development work by connection the card
> > directly to a spare ethernet card in my PC via a cross-over
> > cable. This worked just fine and the tftp download was very fast.
>
> Seems network controller is working properly, so I would suggest to
> look into the settings.

I have some customers that has seen similar problems
with "cheap" hubs/switches.

It was tracked down to the autoconfiguration of the
Ethernet PHY, so one of the PHYs ended up in
100 Mbps Half Duplex (think that was the switch)
while the other PHY ended up in 100 MBps Full Duplex.

Might be worth investigating.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson