[U-Boot] help

dinny dinny.wu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 10:11:21 CET 2009

For SoCs, it depends on how the system design intends to make use of
the two processors.

If the design intends to use them as AMP, you should run u-boot for
each processor in sequence to init their peripherals. In this case,
you can adapt u-boot deriving from the openzoom source. If as SMP, you
can run u-boot on one core and make the other core regardless for
U-Boot, and make the other working when linux boots.

Anyway, you have to read through the chapters of the SoC spec on how
the two processors are intended to co-work to make this more clear. I
can't get the SPECs, and I cannot give you more information. Denk
could give more details, for MPC85xx multi processor implementation:-)

Best Regards
Dinny

--
what we need is passion, chance, and companions.