[U-Boot] u-boot and xupv2p problem

Michal Simek monstr at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 9 08:30:54 CET 2009

Hi Xavier,

> Hi all,

First of all - do not send your messages twice.

> I want to install u-boot on the xupv2p board embedding a ppc405 processor.
>
> I have some questions before doing this:
>

> 1. Which configuration do I have to use:
>
> make ml300_config or
>
> make xupv2p_config

If is xupv2p_config available you use old version. Please update to latest version.
xupv2p board was for Microblaze CPU. ml300 is the right starting platform for you.

> 2. Do I have to change the ~/u-boot/board/xilinx/ml300/xparameters.h file
>
> in accordance to informations generated by EDK.

:-) EDK generate a lot of information. It depends on your design. But IMHO in
99,9% you have to change it. There is generic ppc405 platform too.

Regards,
Michal