[U-Boot] Setting usbact=dev causes startup hang

Dave Cogley dcogley at uslinc.com
Fri Jan 9 20:08:24 CET 2009

Hello,

We are using a Sequoia 440 EPX running u-boot 1.3.1 and are encountering an
inconsistent startup problem when setting usbact=dev. We are using the USB
DMA channel for our own DMA functionality and do not require a USB host
interface. The problem is when we enable this field to 'dev' the board will
take a significantly longer amount of time to boot or will hang indefinitely
sometimes. It appears to always hang during network adapter initializations.
After issuing a soft reset the board will boot up immediately.

Dave Cogley

Software Engineer

Ultra Stereo Labs, Inc.

(805) 549-0161