[U-Boot] NAND bad environment block handling

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 9 22:23:11 CET 2009

Dear Marcel Ziswiler,

In message <loom.20090109T071730-900 at post.gmane.org> you wrote:

> The openmoko guys do have an alternative implementation which dynamically sizes
> all partitions in NAND according to what bad blocks are found therefore not
> wasting any space. And they are using it in full-scale production environment
> for the GTA02. Unfortunately I don't think this made it into mainline just yet.

This has other problems - bad blocks are not a static thing: new ones
develop over time, and shifting partitions around is not exactly nice.

You probably want to look into UBI support...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like
it the least.                         -- Philip Earl of Chesterfield