[U-Boot] Problems with USB mass storage on at91sam9263

Paal Bakken pabakken at online.no
Wed Jan 14 12:06:22 CET 2009

I have problems with usb mass storage in u-boot.

We have our own at91sam9263 board, but I experience exactly the same problems on the standard at91sam9263ek. And the usb-port AND memory stick works fine in linux. I have tried both FAT and FAT32. Below follows an edited screendump of some usb commands with a u-boot snapshot version from 13.01.2009.

I have seen that there has been done a lot of work on the usb code in the last months, but it seems to have calmed down. Is the 2009-01-rc1 and/or the current snapshot supposed to work? Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem?

Best regards,

Pål Bakken

And the edited screen-dump:

U-Boot 2009.01-rc1 (jan. 13 2009 - 14:42:22)

DRAM:  64 MB
NAND:  256 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  1

DUnf-Boot2009> usb start

(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... ERROR:  USB-error: STALL: TD was moved to the Done Queue because the endpoint returned a STALL PID (4)
ERROR: USB-error: STALL: TD was moved to the Done Queue because the endpoint returned a STALL PID (4)
ERROR:  USB-error: DEVICENOTRESPONDING: Device did not respond to token (IN) or did not provide a handshake (OUT) (5)
ERROR: USB-error: DEVICENOTRESPONDING: Device did not respond to token (IN) or did not provide a handshake (OUT) (5)
:
        225 more of the same error? :-)
:
ERROR: USB-error: DEVICENOTRESPONDING: Device did not respond to token (IN) or did not provide a handshake (OUT) (5) Device NOT ready
   Request Sense returned 00 00 00
1 Storage Device(s) found

DUnf-Boot2009> usb tree

Device Tree:
  1  Hub (12MBit/s, 0mA)
  |   OHCI Root Hub
  |
  |?-2  Mass Storage (12MBit/s, 100mA)
       TTI-MSA      USB 2.0 Mobile Disk     FF04091900068

DUnf-Boot2009> usb info

1: Hub,  USB Revision 1.10
 -  OHCI Root Hub
 - Class: Hub
 - PacketSize: 8  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x0000  Product 0x0000 Version 0.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Self Powered 0mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1
     - Class Hub
     - Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 2 Interval 255ms

2: Mass Storage,  USB Revision 2.0
 - TTI-MSA      USB 2.0 Mobile Disk     FF04091900068
 - Class: (from Interface) Mass Storage
 - PacketSize: 64  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x126f  Product 0x1325 Version 1.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered 100mA
[...]

     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 3
     - Class Mass Storage, Transp. SCSI, Bulk only
[...]

     - Endpoint 1 In Bulk MaxPacket 64
     - Endpoint 2 Out Bulk MaxPacket 64
     - Endpoint 3 In Interrupt MaxPacket 2 Interval 1ms

DUnf-Boot2009> usb storage
  Device 0: Vendor:  Rev:  Prod:
            Type: Removable Hard Disk
            Capacity: not available