[U-Boot] Problems with USB mass storage on at91sam9263

Paal Bakken pabakken at online.no
Wed Jan 14 22:30:38 CET 2009

I have testet a lot more and have found the following:

1. I tried an old USB 1.0 stick, but got the same bad result...

2. Then I took that USB 1.0 stick and deleted multiple partitions with linux fdisk and created a single bootable FAT32 partition. This variant worked without any problems in u-boot. (the multiple partitions seems to be typical from the vendors)

3. Then I took the USB 2.0 stick (from the trace in my first mail) and did the same repartioning with fdisk. But this stick still gives the same bad result :-(

So????

Are there any known limitations/requirements to the u-boot USB implementation?
-USB1.0 vs USB2.0
-How to partition the stick (if the original partition can't be used)
-Other

...and once more: the USB 2.0 stick works fine in linux....

Best regards
Pål Bakken