[U-Boot] Problems upgrading NAND

Alemao xcarandiru at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 17:46:28 CET 2009

Hi all,

I was using a NAND flash from ST Micro, 512 Mbit, with no problems in
U-boot-1.2.0.

So I upgraded this nand to a 1 Gbit, also from ST Micro. But now U-boot
read only zeros. In linux 2.6.26 both NANDs works.

NAND is connect in Freescale Local Bus UPM.

U-boot finds the NAND normally:

NAND:  128 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial

And the Chip ID is correct in nand_ids.c (dont know the other options):

{"NAND 128MiB 3,3V 8-bit",    0xF1, 0, 128, 0,
NAND_SAMSUNG_LP_OPTIONS | NAND_NO_AUTOINCR}

Before I start patching, any hints if could be in nand core or fsl upm driver?
Or if NAND1G have some peculiarity? Cause I didnt see in datasheet
anything that called my attention.

NAND part numbers:

NAND512W3A
NAND01GW3B