[U-Boot] Winphlash

Thomas Delbeke toom2079 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:29:37 CET 2009

Hi there,

I am new here. Just wanted to ask you: is there a precompiled u-boot version
available that I can flash with a tool like for instance Winphlash, that
will work.

I am a medium experienced ubuntu hobbyist and I tried to install it from
there. I tried to follow the cook book from your website. I git cloned your
rep and did the config make install thing. Then I tried crossmake, but the
given package wasn't installed (I forgot the name) and the build of it
failed. I could obviously use another java-crosscompiler from the ubuntu rep
(found trough synaptic).

I just prefer the Windows way, as I now the Winphlash thing works and I
don't want to find out that I have to reflash my BIOS with a live FREEDOS
disk because my system is now inoperable.

Thanks for reliefing me from my ignorance,

Thomas