[U-Boot] why u-boot remaps IMMR

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 16 08:20:26 CET 2009

Dear "Vijay Nikam",

In message <f234e2140901152109j12284afdi6b7993203bf3ddde at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have mpc8313e based evaluation board ... the default value of
> IMMRBAR = FF40_0000 according to processor manual ... but during
> configuration the default value is reset to E000_0000 ...
>
> I would like to ask why this is being done ? ? ?

It's part of setting up the address map defined by the guy who ported
U-Boot to this specific platform / board. Most probably this was done
to make room to map the flash at the end of the address space.

[And please do not use the sourceforge list address  any  more.  That
list is dead.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Put your Nose to the Grindstone!
                 -- Amalgamated Plastic Surgeons and Toolmakers, Ltd.