[U-Boot] MPC5121e

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 16 09:41:48 CET 2009

Dear Jeff,

In message <CD5706FD9959BF44A988C3FF7279B4F1010FA49E at HERCULES.sandel.local> you wrote:

> 1.	Does anyone have a patch for the mpc5121e for NAND booting where
> there is no NOR flash in the system?

Not yet. I think Freescale / STX are working on this.

> 2.	Are there any patches that allow u-boot to be build in cygwin
> for a PPC target?

Why would you want to do that? Do yourself (and us) a favour and
install Linux (if needed, then under some emulation/virtualization
layer).

> 3.	Has anyone used CodeSourcery's PPC tool chain with u-boot?

Probably. We use the ELDK.

> 4.	Has anyone implemented/used DFU mode with the mpc5121e?

With DFU as in Device Firmware Upgrade? We don't use this (yet?) in
U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a  member  of
Congress. But I repeat myself.                           - Mark Twain