[U-Boot] Flashing u-boot on NAND flash

Afzal Nadirshah Afzal_Nadirshah at mindtree.com
Tue Jan 20 05:06:50 CET 2009

Hi Everybody,
       I am new to board bring up and I have a few queries.
       We have a custom board with a PPC 460EX processor and a NAND flash. We are using a BDI 3000 JTAG debug interface.
       My problem is how to load the u-boot onto the NAND flash on the fresh board, since the BDI does not support writing into
       NAND flash. Also from the mailing lists I understand that it is difficult to execute the u-boot by directly downloading to the
       RAM and executing it.
       Please guide me on how to approach this.
       Thanx in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Afzal Nadirshah| Senior Engineer | MindTree Ltd. Phase - I, Global Village West Campus, RVCE post, Mysore Road, Bangalore - 560059 |
Voice +91 80 26264100 Extn: 66759 / Fax +91 80 2671 4000 | email: afzal_nadirshah at mindtree.com<mailto:afzal_nadirshah at mindtree.com> |www.mindtree.com<http://www.mindtree.com/> |