[U-Boot] Flashing u-boot on NAND flash

Afzal Nadirshah Afzal_Nadirshah at mindtree.com
Tue Jan 20 14:27:11 CET 2009

Hi,
I was going through the u-boot archives and I came across a reply from Leonid (http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2008-March/030788.html)

Accordingly I did the following :

1. I set the TEXT_BASE to the address 0x1000000 in board/amcc/canyonlands/config.mk
2. The initdram function in board/amcc/canyonlands/canyonlands.c was left alone as it contained only the following code :
 return CFG_MBYTES_SDRAM << 20;
3.i did not have the file board/xilinx/ml403/u-boot.lds, instead of that, I used the file board/xilinx/ppc440generic/u-boot-ram.lds.

With these changes I compiled the u-boot and it compiled properly.

Then I loaded the bin file using the BDI 3000 to the location 0x1000000, I set rm pc 0x1000100
And entered the command "go".
After this I expected to get the u-boot messages through the serial port on minicom. But I din get anything on minicom.

Could you please guide me as to where I am going wrong?

Thanks & Regards
Afzal Nadirshah| Senior Engineer | MindTree Ltd. Phase - I, Global Village West Campus, RVCE post, Mysore Road, Bangalore - 560059 |
Voice +91 80 26264100 Extn: 66759 / Fax +91 80 2671 4000 | email: afzal_nadirshah at mindtree.com |www.mindtree.com |