[U-Boot] Watchdog and u-boot command prompt

Sachin Rane SRane at alphion.com
Fri Jan 23 11:37:27 CET 2009

Hi,

I have studied the u-boot code for 'watchdog' timer feature.
As per my understanding 'Decrementer' interrupt has been used to reset
the Watchdog timer.
The 'timer_interrupt()' of 'lib_ppc/interrupts.c' gets called whenever
the 'Decrement' inetterupt occurs.
The 'Decrement Timer'  has been initiallized in 'interrupt_init()' of
'lib_ppc/interrupts.c'.

So the 'Decrement Timer' interrupt handler ensures that the
'WATCHDOG_RESET' gets called when user doesn't press key on u-boot
prompt for long time.

As the relevant code is already there I don't think we have to add the
patch.

Thanks everyone for helping me to solve this riddle.

Regards,
Sachin