[U-Boot] SST39VF1601 flash driver

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jan 27 06:23:50 CET 2009

Hi Jerry,

On Tuesday 27 January 2009, Jerry Zhang wrote:
>   I am porting u-boot to my board. I found it is difficult for me to write
> the flash driver ( flash.c) of SST39VF1601 by myself. Has anyone ever
> written this driver? Would you please give me a guide?

Sure this device has been supported many times (e.g.
board/esd/common/flash.c). But I suggest to support it now via the legacy
infrastructure of the common CFI flash driver. Take a look at the board hcu4
for example:

/* Use common CFI driver */
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI
#define CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER
/* board provides its own flash_init code */
#define CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_LEGACY		1

You will need to add a definition for the 39VF1601 to
drivers/mtd/jedec_flash.c though but this shouldn't be too hard.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de