[U-Boot] u-boot fails to uncompress a "gzip'ed -9" kernel

Norbert van Bolhuis nvbolhuis at aimvalley.nl
Tue Jan 27 11:05:13 CET 2009

This is a MPC8313E-RDB board problem. We have 2 REV A4 boards.

I can reproduce this problem on both of the MPC8313E-RDB boards
with any version of u-boot with a compressed file which contains
1 or more dynamic codes blocks and a final fixed codes block.

I have a 5k gzipped file for which the problem (already) occurs.

I could test on a PQ2FADS board. The problem doesn't occur on this
board.

I did some memory tests (which I should've done a bit earlier) and
the same problem (soft reset due to checkstop) occurs.

I'll make a new thread for this.