[U-Boot] IP_t should be a "packed" struct

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:32:10 CET 2009

Hi ML,

I'm working on a mips target and I used qemu_mips target to simulate my target
(that I hope to have in the next week...)

Following my activities I noticed that IP_t structure is no defined with
attribute "packed". I noticed this issue because using a self-made toolchain
(gcc4.2.4+binutils2.8+uclibc0.9.30) the compiler has aligned all bytes to
32bit boundary. This is not ok, because the packets IP_t can be non aligned
(see the /net/net.c PingSend function, for an example).

The dirty solution is to define the structure with the
__attribute__((__packed__))... but, from my point of view, a better packet
forging mechanism should be implemented into the net.c stack.

I attached a trivial patch that solved the issue on my target.

Any comments is welcome.

best regards,

luigi

--