[U-Boot] Coldfire: Compiler warnings when building M5271EVB

Richard Retanubun RichardRetanubun at RuggedCom.com
Thu Jan 29 00:21:55 CET 2009

Hi Tsi Chung,

Liew Tsi Chung-R5AAHP wrote:
> Richard,
>
> This error caused by no defines for CONFIG_SYS_CS0_BASE,
> CONFIG_SYS_CS0_MASK and CONFIG_SYS_CS0_CTRL in configuration file. Need
> to provide settings for each. The CS0 usually refer to the boot flash.
>
> Flexbus or chipselect is the same definition.

I realized this, however, the M5271EVB.h (at least the version I have) does not
defined CONFIG_SYS_CS0_BASE, CONFIG_SYS_CS0_MASK, CONFIG_SYS_CS0_CTRL
And it boots fine without it :)

To be honest, I'm not even sure what mbar_writeBytes(??)
reg CS0_BASE, CS0_MASK and CS0_CTRL maps to?

So my question is, if the M5271EVB (and others M5270, M5271 platforms) can boot without it,
why are they required to define it?

Thanks for your time and feedback on the other patches.

- Richard Retanubun