[U-Boot] [Patch] Disable/Enable Flat I²C Commands

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 29 19:52:57 CET 2009

Dear Jens Scharsig,

In message <gls4tp$bib$1 at ger.gmane.org> you wrote:
> Since CONFIG_I2C_CMD_TREE are defined, the old flat i2c commands are
> still present.
> This patch disables the old flat command by default, if
> CONFIG_I2C_CMD_TREE is defined.
> The new option CONFIG_I2C_CMD_FLAT makes it possible to use the flat
> commands in addition of tree commands.

I don't like that this changes the behavious of many boards without
having the go form the board maintainers, actually without even
noticing them in advance.

Please either add the needed CONFIG_I2C_CMD_FLAT to all affected
boards so the current behaviour remains the same, or make it such
that it gets activated only for new boards.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with
reality at any point."                          - Friedrich Nietzsche