[U-Boot] [Patch] Disable/Enable Flat I²C Commands

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:30:05 CET 2009

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Ben Warren,
>
> In message <4981F273.2030900 at gmail.com> you wrote:
>
>> Controversial, maybe, but why not just get rid of the flat commands?
>> When I introduced the tree probably a couple of years ago, we said it
>> would deprecate the flat commands and that they'd go away in a couple of
>> releases.
>>

> We should at least announce such a feature removal, and declare a
> deadline in public.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

 From README:

                CONFIG_I2C_CMD_TREE is a recommended option that places
                all I2C commands under a single 'i2c' root command.  The
                older 'imm', 'imd', 'iprobe' etc. commands are considered
                deprecated and may disappear in the future.

I guess this isn't explicit enough.  Let's say it gets removed in the
release after v2009.03.

regards,
Ben