[U-Boot] [Patch] Disable/Enable Flat I²C Commands

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Thu Jan 29 21:56:18 CET 2009

Hi Wolfgang,

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 21:37 +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Ben Warren,
>
> In message <498203BD.3000500 at gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> >  From README:
> >

> >                 CONFIG_I2C_CMD_TREE is a recommended option that places
> >                 all I2C commands under a single 'i2c' root command.  The
> >                 older 'imm', 'imd', 'iprobe' etc. commands are considered
> >                 deprecated and may disappear in the future.
> >
> > I guess this isn't explicit enough.  Let's say it gets removed in the
> > release after v2009.03.
>
> Indeed. We should add it to doc/feature_removal.txt and the wiki page.

Its actually already on the wiki page.

http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/TaskFeatureRemovalSchedule

I submitted the following patch to add it a new
doc/feature-removal-schedule.txt with a similar timeframe:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/48429

It seems like it would be a good idea to add the
doc/feature_removal.txt.  Did the above mentioned patch slip through the
cracks or do you prefer to only use the wiki for feature removals?

Best,
Peter