No subject

Fri Jan 23 11:48:37 CET 2009

boot on imx31 pdk.  Please correct me if i am wrong.

I was told that if that the mx31 phycore patch should work just fine
for most things on the PDK and hence can be used as a base for a port
to the PDK.
I am ignorant  of the hardware details on MX31 Phycore but when i had
a look at the low level init code (lowlevelinit.S) for Phycore and
compared it to the existing lowlevelinit.S for the MX31 3stack board,
i realized that they are a lot different when it comes to the NAND
SPL.

I am a newbie to NAND boot. Do i have to rewrite the NAND SPL code for
preparing NAND boot images for the 3stack, Or is there a way i can
translate some existing code(Maybe redboot code) for  the MX31
3stack(PDK).
I have modified the top level  Makefile to include the sources for
getting the SPL code compiled but am stuck at the lowlevelinit.S file.

My final intent is to get the uboot boot out of NAND on  MX31-
3stack(PDK) although i have managed to get uboot running from RAM on
the platform.

Thanks in Advance!
Alfred.