No subject

Fri Jan 23 11:48:37 CET 2009

linux driver, but it was implemented from scratch (ok, maybe not
entirely...) for u-boot. And I see also that musb_core.c in u-boot
contains a small subsets of the functions we can find in the
corresponding file in the linux tree.

After checking the linux driver that supports the ethernet gadget
(musb_gadget.c), it seemed to me that the less effort approach should be
to implements the missing things in the musb_udc.c driver, compared to
port musb_gadget.c from linux. I really started to port it, but I
recognize that I have to change a lot of things even in other files (in
core and so on), and probably this is the best way to break a lot of
boards ;(

So I decided (but it could be not the best solution...any thoughts about
this ?) to take the way to update the current UDC musb_udc.c driver to
support the gadget framework. I am really unsure about this, because the
drawback is to have a completely different implementation from what we
currently see under linux.

As I see, there is support in this driver only for the ep0 endpoint, and
this should be not enough for the ether gadget. I assume we need at
least one bulk endpoint (or two, one for each directions) and then I
should add the missing functions for TX/RX fo all endpoints. But again,
I need also wrapping functions (or rewriting some of them..) for the ep0
endpoints, because the functions in the ops field of the gadget
structure looks like different as what is already implemented.

Probably I used a bad approach to reach my goal. What do you think about
it ?

Regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de