No subject

Fri Jan 23 11:48:37 CET 2009

big question. I see your code is quite similar to other ones (fsl_pmic.c
is what I know better..). I remember there was already a discussion
about another pmic, whose patch reassembled some drivers in u-boot.

My big question is: if we have a similar mechanism to access the PMICs
(SPI/I2C), should we not to found a way to generalize it ? This kind of
driver has only some pmic_read/pmic_write functions.

Maybe getting rid of special manufacturer names as fsl_pmic, max_pmic...
and using a general access for this kind of chips ? From code your patch
is not very distant from what we currently have. Any opinion about this ?

> BTW. On the "u-boot Custodians" page I haven't found anyone responsible
> for driver/misc.

You are right.

> Is there appropriate person for this, or shall it be
> addressed to Wolfgang?

I do not know - however, your driver is not strictly related to a
specific SOC, and could be used by any architecture. We can consider it
as general code, and I added Wolfgang in CC to ask his opinion.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de