[U-Boot] Questions about mx31ads.h

Yong Yang yangyong79 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:07:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to understand the settings in mx31ads.h, but got some questions:

1. I didn't see where CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET is defined.

2. #define CONFIG_LOADADDR        0x80800000    /* loadaddr env var */
Is this the address where env var are loaded to the RAM? Why pick this
particular address 0x80800000?

3. #define CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE    CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE    /* Monitor at
beginning of flash */
Why the monitor is in flash? Shouldn't it be in RAM?

4. #define CONFIG_ENV_ADDR        (CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE +
CONFIG_ENV_SECT_SIZE)
If env var are stored after the monitor. Should it be at
CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE + CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_SIZE ?

In general, is there a documentation on what configuration parameters are
available and what's their meaning?

Thanks a lot
Yong