[U-Boot] net: gpio PHY driver

Richard Retanubun RichardRetanubun at RuggedCom.com
Wed Jul 1 20:12:15 CEST 2009

Darius Augulis wrote:
> On 07/01/2009 03:37 PM, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
>> Darius Augulis wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to control RGMII PHY connected to GPIO.
>>> Seems there isn't such driver in u-boot.
>>> I would like to discuss how is better to implement this?
>>> I could port mdio_gpio driver from Linux Kernel,
>>> but u-boot does not have universal gpio driver.
>>> Off course I could make this very board specific, but It may be useful for
>>> other boards, interfacing PHY with GPIO's.
>>>
>>> Any ideas welcome!
>>>
>>> Darius A.
>> It sounds like you are looking for CONFIG_BITBANGMII.
>
> Probably. Even it has MPC specific things, I guess should be easy to
> re-use it in my system.

Wow, what a coincidence!
Just in case you system is MPC83XX based, I just submitted a patch for consideration
that adds bitbang SMI to uec_phy.c <stolen from gvb's implementation, of course>

see: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/62640

- Richard