[U-Boot] JFFS2

Dan Batryn DBatryn at shoretel.com
Wed Jul 1 20:41:48 CEST 2009

	I am seeing the very same behavior using JFFS2.  We have divided our NAND flash into 4 partitions and use a 5MB partition to hold uImage and a manifest file for checking the uImage integrity.  These 2 files are only written by the Linux kernel during updates and only read by u-boot during booting.  If I perform an "ls" of this partition from Linux, then I only see a single instance of each file.  If I perform an "ls" from u-boot, I sometimes see multiple uImage or manifest files.  I also see the case when using the manifest file to check the integrity of uImage I obtain a MD5 checksum error.  This MD5 checksum was for the previous version of uImage that was written.  The only way we have gotten this to work reliably is to always format the booting partition from Linux before the uImage and manifest are written.  I have not had time to debug this issue but it has been around for a long time.

Daniel Batryn
Shoretel Inc.
960 Stewart
Sunnyvale, CA  94085