[U-Boot] loading via jtag

Frank Svendsbøe frank.svendsboe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 09:22:16 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:10 AM, E Robertson<e.robertson.svg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Has anyone used the JTAG like the BDI2000 to load u-boot onto a
> at91sam9263? I've done it on other boards but some some reason the
> code will not execute
> from on board SDRAM. To avoid initializing the external memory via
> jtag, I use the bootstrap code to do the setup then load u-boot and
> run it.
> For reason(s) I haven't figured out yet, the code will not external
> memory. Has anyone done this before and can provide some help?
> Thanks.

How come you want to execute it from RAM? Is the board without flash?
Could you instead replace the "bootstrap" loader with U-Boot?

It the SDRAM controller is already setup, I guess you must recode U-Boot and
tell it not to touch/re-initialize the memory controller...

Btw, look at http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

- Frank