[U-Boot] U-book and GPLv3? (fwd)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Jul 3 15:47:20 CEST 2009

    You'd make me happy if I was able to access cable TV signals I have
    paid for without DRM.

I think it is not quite correct to call cable scrambling DRM.  DRM
restricts the use of data you have a copy of.  Cable scrambling
prevents you from getting the data if you do not pay for the
descrambler; however, as far as I know, once you do have the
descrambler, and do get the data, it does not seriously impede your
use of the data.

So this is more akin to buying a copy than to DRM.  When I speak of
abolishing DRM, it doesn't include this.