[U-Boot] Need assistance with increasing command line size on Cavium

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 6 21:30:33 CEST 2009

Dear Garrett Cooper,

In message <364299f40907061215m2f239b33tbf0914e066a9f4e9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Yes, he should. This should be covered by GPLv2.
>
> Yeah, Cavium did some potentially interesting things by tokenizing the
> arguments and passing it to the kernel arguments parser in their
> platform dependent routines. Unfortunately this isn't opensource
> because even though it's GPLv2, as they only provide their kernel
> sources and SDK to customers with Cavium accounts (which require
> purchasing the hardware).

But any of these Cavium users has the full rights granted by the GPL,
whih includes for example to put the code or patches on a FTP server
or to post them here on the mailing list.

Maybe anybody is listening and willing to invest this little effort
for the benefit of all?

> I'm going to pursue obtaining the patch via our Cavium PoC and see if
> I can get it put into the U-boot source tree.

Thanks in advance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are  no  substitute  for  a  good
blaster at your side.                                      - Han Solo